People always become worse when they came to know that they are affected with cancer and it becomes a big challenge to them to fight against that. In real not all cancers are miserable to cure and there are some types which can be cured easily at early stages, skin cancer is also one among them. Skin cancer is nothing but an abnormal growth of cancer cells on skin tissues it causes atypical moles, actinic keratosis, melanoma, dark patches with small mole and many other formations on the skin. All these can be cured just by removing the cancer affected tissue cells from the skin. Although there are advanced techniques available for skin cancer or Melanoma Removal people would struck in fear for undergoing the melanoma removal treatment thinking of pain and post surgery effects. However the result of melanoma removal may be either scars or marks in the area but it is more essential to remove melanoma skin cancer from skin to avoid the risk in future.
How the melanoma removal processes take place?
The melanoma process is nothing but removal of small about skin which is infected by cancer skin tissues so patient do not require anesthesia. After the skin removal the surgeon would check on various layers of skin in order to trace the cancer cells availability after surgery. Apart from this people would have several other doubts to make clear enough here are some of the information about the melanoma removal surgery are listed below.
- When you undergo melanoma removal surgery then you need to block an entire day for the surgery process and for recovery.
- As another option Mohs surgery would take only less time period when compared to the surgery it would take about maximum 3 hours of time.
- In this process the surgeon first remove the layer of skin which would be completed within 10 minutes of time and examine the tumor cells conditions.
- Once there is a trace of tumor cells then those layers of the skin would be removed and then stitches would be done.
Thus after completing entire process people can continue their day today routine life with some limits as per the surgeon instructions such as
- Patients are not allowed to apply sunscreen lotions and any other sun screening liquids to the surgery area.
- One needs to keep the wounded area always clean without having additional infection.
- As the skin cancer is mainly due to UV radiation from sun so after surgery people need to avoid sun exposure.
- The skin would be burning initially on post surgery so it is more important to maintain the moisture around the wounded area.
Apart from many surgeons, Dr. Michael Streitmann remains to be best surgeon in Melanoma Removal. Dr. Michael Streitmann holds two board certifications in plastic surgery and ENT surgery use that knowledge on melanoma removal surgery. For further details you can visit to houstonplasticsurgery.net site and you will get required details about the surgery.