The average IVF success rate in young women is roughly 40%. The probability of live birth depends on a number of factors. The most important ones are egg and semen quality, previous pregnancy, age and lifestyle. It also depends on a series of fertility problems like endometriosis, blocked fallopian tubes, sperm motility and morphology disorders, ovarian dysfunction and PCOS. Lastly, advanced techniques, refined medications and highly-qualified endocrinologists play a vital role in the success of infertility treatments. Therefore, it is important to be extremely careful when you opt for IVF or ICSI procedure.
Female infertility is caused by tubal disorders, imbalances in the reproductive hormones, uterine complications, postpartum sepsis and pituitary cancers, according to an article by the World Health Organization (WHO). Keeping these in mind, couples must focus on certain lifestyle changes during pre-cycle, ongoing-cycle and post-cycle to up your chance of success.
Care Before IVF Cycle
Below are a few things you can do to make your journey easy. These changes can be started a month prior to the procedure. They can increase the probability of having a fit and fine baby without complications like birth defects down the line.
- To increase your folic acid content consider consuming prenatal vitamins. This can protect against spinal birth defects and brain issues in the developing fetus, according to an article by Healthline. In fact, you can try fish oil pills in particular which is one of the ways to assure healthy embryonic development.
- Include tons of fruits, vegetable, nuts, fish, cereals, broccoli, mustard greens, eggs, avocado, seeds and healthy fats. These nutrients can ensure the growth and development of a healthy baby and keep the mother in good shape too.
- Consider sleeping more than 7 hours every night. This will calm the nerves, negate stress and keep you positive. In fact, it might help strengthen the relationship with your partner, block our negativity and improve well-being.
Care During the Treatment
While infertility treatment in Hyderabad is going on, you can adopt certain measures to support the pregnancy.
- Drink plenty of water (at least 3-4 liters) and fluids every day. This will limit the potential side effects of dehydration like improper egg health and poor cervical mucus secretion. In fact, it can also help in implantation and create a nourishing embryo environment.
- Consider stress relief techniques. These will include swimming, cleaning, meditation, painting, writing, photography, listening to music or cooking.
- Determine your Body Mass Index (BMI) and try to achieve the right weight. Shift to high protein and high carbohydrate meals in case you are on the leaner side. Otherwise, a low carbohydrate and high protein diet will be enough to shred a few kilos.
- Talk to your doctor to understand if you can consume Vitamin D. This is quite useful in improving the chances of implantation and pregnancy rates during IVF or ICSI procedure.
Post Treatment Care
Continue to eat fresh home cooked meals, get 7-9 hours of sleep and avoid straining yourself by lifting heavy weights. These might not be able to influence the outcome by will offer the best chances to your body to conceive.
The Don’ts of IVF Treatment
A few things to strictly avoid are drinking alcohol, smoking regularly, relying on caffeine and performing intense exercise. In fact, you must also aim to reduce psychological stress since it can have a significant impact on your physical healthy, like causing eating disorders, fast breathing, oxidative stress and racing heartbeat. Lastly, avoid exposure to extreme heat like hot tubs or sauna. It can inversely impact implantation chances, oogenesis, oocyte maturation and rates of fertilization.
Make sure your mindset is empowering and relaxing. Rest assured, the doctors at top infertility hospital will ensure a smooth IVF process to maximize pregnancy outcomes.