Laser skin resurfacing is becoming a trusted way for most people to reduce age spots, wrinkles, and acne scars, as well as tightening the skin. Everybody wants clear skin using a method that will not cause injuries to the skin. That is why the Aesthetic Surgery Center offers laser resurfacing in San Francisco to correct all flaws and provide overall rejuvenation for men and women. Here are a few things you should know.
There are different laser types
There are different types of lasers that the plastic surgeon can use, depending on your goals and skin type. They include:
- Laser Genesis: The procedure takes about 15 minutes and will leave you looking better when walking out of the dermatologist office. It boosts collagen production to remove wrinkles, giving you a beautiful glow. It also heats the dermis to diffuse any redness.
- Pulsed dye laser: Helps when the goal is to remove broken blood vessels and capillaries from the face. This type of laser does not require administration of pain management. It only heats the affected area, leaving the rest untouched.
- Fraxel: It is the best for treatment of sun damage, crow’s feet, and wrinkle removal. It will leave your face looking younger, tighter, and refreshed. This type has some downtime.
- IPL: The sun may have damaged your skin, giving you brown spots and ruining your complexion. IPL targets the melanin in the dark places to get rid of the jagged marks and give you back a perfect skin tone.
- Fractional CO2 laser: Pimples are a flaw in the face, but acne scars are worse and hard to conceal. This method is best for those deep scars. It pokes very tiny holes into the skin to regenerate collagen growth to fill in areas with tissue loss from acne scars.
Treatments may or may not hurt
Depending on the type of laser used, the area of treatment, and depth, it may hurt or not. The individual’s tolerance for pain is also a factor. For more in-depth treatments, anaesthetic injections are necessary. The other types only require topical numbing cream to ease the discomfort.
Medications affect the skin’s reaction to treatment
One should be honest with the doctor regarding their medical history and supplements they are taking, as it may affect the healing process. Certain over-the-counter drugs increase the chances of post-procedure bleeding.
Downtime depends on the type of laser
Recovery time varies according to the type of laser and an individual’s healing rate. Non-ablative lasers do not need downtime, while the others require a few weeks of healing before results are evident.
Plan for a series of treatments
In some cases, single treatments will cover the patient’s needs, while others will require multiple treatments to show long-lasting results.
If you have issues such as broken capillaries, brown spots, or want to tighten your skin, Aesthetic Surgery & Skin Rejuvenation has got you covered. The doctor and nurse have the experience and knowledge that will assist you to know the best laser to use. Book an appointment to get attractive, natural-looking skin.