Do you want to touch up and brighten your smile? Worry no more, Dr. Dana provides you with compassionate, efficient, and advanced dental care with Veneers in South Bay, leaving you feeling better about your smile. Veneers, therefore, are thin shells that fit over the visible front of your teeth to improve appearance, protect from damage, and create a beautiful smile.
Outlined below is what you ought to know about dental veneers.
Purpose of Veneers
The following are reasons why you should get dental veneers:
- To restore minor cosmetic teeth imperfections such as color, size, and length.
- Fixing chipped, cracked, and broken teeth from injuries and nail-biting.
- Fixing worn down teeth due to grinding.
- Fixing white streaks on teeth due to excessive fluorides.
- Covering teeth stains and discoloration from aging, dark-colored food, and certain drugs.
- Covering up large resin fillings.
- Improve chewing, speech, realign crooked teeth, and close gaps between teeth.
Types of Veneers
The type of dental veneers depends on the type of material they are made from, including:
They are the strongest and longest-lasting veneer material which is biocompatible; therefore, they rarely injure the gum and surrounding tissues in the mouth. Most porcelain materials are for dental restoration and improving your smile appearance is esthetic, least harmful, and natural-looking.
The advantages of veneers made of porcelain material are as follows:
- Very strong, durable, and blend in with your natural teeth color.
- Long-lasting, least harmful, stain-resistant, and lower chances of chipping, breakage, and fracturing.
They are made up of composite resin, which is a mixture of organic and inorganic materials. The organic material is a natural material that includes a coupling agent, initiator, and resin, while the primary inorganic material is the filler.
The advantages of composite veneers are:
- They are relatively strong, durable, have less enamel removal, and have low chances of harming your gum.
- Requires a single visit for restoration and can easily be repaired if chipped, broken, and stained.
They are smooth to touch and look like natural teeth. They are used to treat discolored teeth and crooked teeth. They are made up of ultra-thin porcelain material, which requires minimal preparation before placement.
They are visible and slightly expensive compared to porcelain.
They are also known as custom-made Snap-On veneers, which are non-invasive, non-permanent, and least expensive. There are two types which are as follows:
- Instant veneers that you fit in your mouth by placing them in hot water and pressing your teeth into the soft fitting material. However, you are recommended not to use them daily.
- A dental technician makes custom clip-on veneers from your teeth impression and then fits them on your teeth when you need to.
Palatal veneers restore posterior and anterior teeth due to palatal damage from bruxism, deep bite, and dental erosion.
They restore only the compromised part, such as dental erosion caused by deep vomiting and acidic reflux, leaving the rest of the teeth untouched.
Consult a Dental Veneer Specialist Today
Most people in America get veneers for various reasons. Therefore, get a ‘smile makeover’ from Dr. Samet of Dental Art of South Bay in Torrance, California, and receive veneers with a minimally invasive procedure to correct a wide range of your dental issues.