Endovenous laser treatment (EVLT) is laser therapy for varicose veins. A non-surgical procedure uses an ultrasound-guided method to relieve varicose veins.
Accurately delivered laser beam targets the malfunctioning veins and makes them collapse. Blood redirects naturally to the healthier vein once the varicose, or damaged vein is closed.
Using extreme precision and care, the process does not affect healthy tissues. Hence, EVL treatments in Boise is the most effective option for both varicose veins as well as spider veins.
How Laser Therapy Helps Varicose Veins
Endovenous laser treatment involves inserting very fine laser fiber into the diseased vein with precision. Real-time ultrasound technology allows the application of a laser beam to heat up and close the abnormal veins. As a result, blood flows through the healthy veins as the body absorbs the damaged veins.
Noted below are some of the major benefits of EVL treatment:
- Office-based Setting Treatment: EVLT is an advanced method of treatment available to people today. This treatment is offered in an office setting. There is no need to wait for long hours or visit the hospital.
- Resume Regular Activities Immediately: Considering that EVLT is a non-surgical treatment for varicose patients, patients can resume their daily activities almost immediately. The treatment involves using local anesthesia to execute the procedure in an office-based setting in much less time than any other surgical treatment. Local anesthesia reduces the risk of pain and trauma after the procedure. In fact, patients should walk around right after the procedure to boost blood circulation.
- Painless Procedure: Surgery is painful. It takes a long time to recover from surgery. However, EVLT is a non-surgical procedure that does not take much time. The method collapses damaged varicose veins by using a laser beam to seal them. Eventually, blood reroutes through the healthy blood vessels and improves the appearance of the feet too.
- No Scarring: Any surgery would leave a scar or stitch marks. It is normal. However, with laser surgery, there is a chance of little to no scarring at all. The procedure uses narrow fibers that convey a laser beam directly through the damaged blood vessels. Moreover, the procedure also involves using micro incisions that do not require any sutures. Hence, scarring is out of the question. EVLT is an extremely beneficial technique to get rid of varicose veins and flaunt healthy legs.
- High Success Rate: Clinical studies using EVLT for varicose veins show a 98% success rate. The cost of this procedure is eligible for private insurance coverage and Medicare. It is a cost-effective procedure, which makes it approachable, compared to other surgical procedures.
Finding EVL Treatments in Boise
EVL treatment is common in Boise. Some specific clinics are offering this advanced non-surgical treatment for a sure shot treatment of varicose veins. If the condition is left untreated, it may lead to serious complications and immobility. As the condition is extremely painful, it may have adverse effects on your day-to-day life.
Post-procedure, results appear slowly but the symptoms start diminishing immediately. Do not suffer from these unsightly varicose veins. Opt for EVL treatment.