There is nothing harder than figuring out which type of birth control method is good for you. According to gynecologists, that is where the list of birth control methods comes in. Studies show that many people across the globe take a step to choose their own methods from the list without having any help from the doctor. To avoid future health complications such as infertility and miscarriages, book an appointment with specialists regarding birth control in Lithonia since they offer the best guidelines.
Birth control methods that are frequently used
According to research, many people prefer hormonal-based birth control methods over non-hormonal ones. Birth control methods that use hormones are considered very effective. However, you can also use non-hormonal birth control methods if you are not in a long-lasting relationship. Examples of birth control techniques include;
- Intrauterine device (IUD). The intrauterine device is a hormonal-based birth control method. Your doctor places a t-shape device inside the uterus to prevent pregnancy. The device contains some hormones, which destroy sperms before they reach the egg. According to statistics, in every 100 women with IUD, only one becomes pregnant.
- Pills. Pills to control pregnancy can be prescribed by your doctor, or you can get them over-the-counter. Pills should be taken every day after intercourse for them to be effective. Studies show that if a woman fails to take the pills, she can end up being pregnant. According to specialists, the use of pills is also a hormone-based birth control method.
- Implants. An implant is a hormonal-based BC method. Your doctor will place a rod with hormones under your skin. It is usually placed under the arm or thighs. The rod releases the hormones every time you have intercourse to prevent pregnancy. This method is 99% effective since, in every 100 women, one becomes pregnant.
- Condom. A condom lies under the non-hormonal method. During intercourse, a condom is placed on the erect penis to prevent the sperms from entering the vagina after ejaculation. This method is 98% effective, and for every 100 women, two become pregnant.
The purpose of controlling your birth
There are many reasons behind birth control. They include;
- To prevent pregnancy. The main reason for using birth control is to prevent pregnancy. According to research, not every person has sex to make a baby. The majority of people across the world have sex for pleasure.
- To control your life. Many people, especially women, can drastically change their life after having unexpected babies. To prevent this from happening, you can use birth control methods to prevent pregnancy. Many people have accomplished their life plans by having safe sex.
- To prevent early parenting. Using birth control is the only way you can prevent early parenting. Many people are struggling with responsibilities due to a lack of having safe sex.
It is vital to consult your doctor before having any birth control method. Many people suffer problems in the future due to poor choices of birth control methods. However, there is some light at the end of the tunnel. Dekalb Women’s Specialists center has the best gynecologists who can guide and select the best birth control method for you.