Infertility is a growing concern, and it is pretty common for couples to have problems conceiving. But, the age of medicine has progressed enough to provide couples with fertility solutions. Here is a list of the type of fertility treatment that is popularly available.
Most of the fertility problems can be taken care of with the help of medicines. There is a list of some of the most common drugs that are recommended to couples facing infertility problems:
- Clomifene: This medicine encourages the monthly release of eggs in women who do not ovulate regularly or cannot ovulate at all.
- Gonadotropins – This can help to stimulate ovulation in women and can also improve fertility in men.
- Gonadotropin-releasing hormone and Dopamine agonists – and such types of medicines are prescribed to encourage ovulation in women.
- Metformin- This medicine is particularly beneficial for women who are suffering from Polycystic Ovary Syndrome or PCOS.
Some of these medicines can cause side effects such as vomiting, nausea, hot flushes, or headaches. This should not make you afraid. You can always get in touch with the best fertility doctor in Bangalore for more clarity.
- Surgical Procedure
Apart from the medical procedure, often, the couples are required to go through several surgical procedures in IVF treatment. The names of which have been listed below:
- Fallopian Tube Surgery-In case the fallopian tube is scarred or blocked; the woman must undergo this surgery.
- Laparoscopic Surgery- This surgery is recommended for couples suffering from endometriosis, PCOS, and fibroids. Such surgery involves either heat or a laser to destroy the fibroids.
- In epididymal blockage in the testicles, surgeries need to be performed to retrieve the sperm. This will help to remove the blockage.
- Assisted Conception
Often the couples have problems conceiving all by themselves; in such a case, assisted conception is recommended. The types of assisted conception methods that are available are:
- Intrauterine insemination (IUI)- Also known as artificial insemination. In this procedure, the sperms are inserted into the womb via a thin plastic tube that passes through the cervix.
- In vitro fertilization (IVF)- The fertilized egg is administered to the body in this process. Before undergoing this process, fertility medicines are often administered into the body. The fertilized egg is returned to the womb to grow and develop.
- In case the partner is having infertility issues, then they can also go for the option of a sperm or egg donation.
The IVF Treatment in Bangalore is known for the best service and help to the couples having issues in conceiving. To learn more about the various infertility treatments, couples should visit the IVF center immediately.