Primary health care is essential in every person’s life as it enhances your overall health and wellness. Every day you are responsible for practicing for your basic health needs. A primary care provider offers various health care services to enhance your general health.
It is critical to have a trusted partner or health practice for your daily health needs. If you are looking for a provider in primary care in South Charleston, Patel & Patel, M.D. is here to help. They offer comprehensive primary medical care to patients of all ages.
Please find out more about their services by calling their offices today for a consultation.
What is primary care?
A primary care provider has professional training about effective body systems. Usually, they offer various medical services to ensure your health and wellness.
A primary care provider can offer the following:
- Sports medicine
- Geriatric care
- Annual wellness exams
- Chronic diseases evaluation and management
- Medication management
- Specialist referrals
Generally, a primary care practice is where you explain your symptoms to your provider. The team at Patel & Patel offers solutions to acute health issues, including colds, the flu, coughs, viruses, among other minor infections like pink eye and urinary tract infections.
What health conditions can a primary care provider manage?
Patel & Patel, M.D. primary care health practice offers services to support your general health needs, including;
- Health screenings
- Family planning
- Routine gynecological care
- Preventive vaccinations
- Standard in-office lab work
- Sick visits
Typically, you can visit Patel & Patel, M.D., Inc. for any health concerns. In a case where your condition is beyond their area of practice, they usually refer you to a specialist.
Why do you need a primary care provider?
Your primary care provider is critical when it comes to your optimal wellness. According to research, people who take regular visits to a primary care provider are less likely to have a premature death than patients who rarely visit a doctor.
Having a medical professional that understands your health and family history is essential, especially when you are unwell. You can always call them for expert care and health solutions.
In addition, primary care allows the prevention of future illnesses and diseases. Having a primary care provider that you visit regularly helps detect any changes that suggest a health issue. It allows early treatments preventing any complications.
Primary care is an excellent option than an emergency room, hence saves your expenses and time.
Which are the different types of primary care providers?
Primary care providers involve various types of medical professionals, including;
- They are doctors who treat babies and children up to the age of 21.
- Family physicians. They treat patients of all ages and offer prevention and diagnosis of health problems.
- Geriatricians specialize in treating senior adults, including old age conditions.
- Nurse practitioners are clinical nurses with training on the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of various health conditions.
- Obstetrician/gynecologists are specialists in women’s health, including pregnancy, birth, reproductive health, and menopause.
- Physician assistants diagnose, treat, and offer prevention of health issues to patients of all ages.
Contact a primary care provider today.
A primary care provider matters in your life; hence it is essential to have one for your general health and wellness. Call Patel & Patel, M.D., Inc. today to book your consultation.