Taking proper care of your gynecological issues is a very important step in the direction of healthy living. So, you should be attentive towards any problems that you might be facing such as pelvic rehabilitation and urinary inconsistency in Forest Hills.
What Is Urinary Inconsistency?
Urinary inconsistency is a condition that is very common in women and leads to the loss of bladder control. The symptoms of this condition are of a broad range. Some might face occasional leaking upon coughing or sneezing, while others might feel a very strong urge to urinate all of a sudden.
This condition can be a result of several causes including old age and can affect the day to day life.
- Inconsistency due to stress- This is when urine leaks when pressure is exerted on the bladder by simple activities like coughing, sneezing, exercising, laughing, etc.
- Inconsistency leading to overflow- The bladder is not completely emptied after urinating so it might lead to frequent leaking.
- Inconsistency due to strong urge- This leads to the person having a very strong urge to urinate which is very intense and sudden and might not even allow you to get to a bathroom in time and result in losing control and urinating involuntarily.
- Inconsistency due to functionality- In this case, it is either a physical impairment or a mental one that keeps the person from reaching the toilet in time.
- Mixed inconsistency- In this, a person might face a combination of more than one of the inconsistencies mentioned above.
There are certain life events that are unique to a woman and might lead to urinary inconsistency; this would include pregnancy, childbirth, and menopause.
There are also health issues like constipation, obesity, and nerve damage that might lead to it. If a woman has had surgery involving her reproductive organs, that might also sometimes lead to inconsistency in urination. Infections in the urinary tract and the bladder may also be a cause of this condition.
There also might be some medicines that you are taking for particular diseases that might result in inconsistency.
The condition of urinary inconsistency can be very embarrassing for the one who is facing it. And this is the reason why it is important to get it treated, however, if you are facing this issue, you need not worry because the gynecologist can help in managing this condition properly.